Non-immigrant visas

Non-immigrant visas permit foreigners to enter the United States for a temporary period of time, which can range from a few days to several years.  Visa holders who intend to stay past the validity of their visas become immigrants and must follow the immigrant visa procedures.  The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) issues non-immigrant visas for a variety of activities, including business, tourism, studying, working, or obtaining medical treatment.

Immigrant visas

The attorneys at Goldstein & Associates have been assisting individuals obtain permanent residence based on employer sponsorship for approximately 20 years.  A majority of individuals seeking permanent residence based on employment must go through the Department of Labor’s certification process, which was created to ensure that foreign workers will not displace U.S. workers’ wages and working conditions. Some individuals, such as those doing work in the national interest of the United States, or individuals who have accomplished extraordinary achievements and have risen to the top of their field, are able to bypass the labor certification process and apply for permanent residence based on the important work that they perform. The attorneys at Goldstein & Associates routinely guide individuals through these processes.