U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents (green card holders) can apply on behalf of their foreign relatives for green cards. The process, and the time it takes to get your relative a visa to live in the U.S. depends on your immigration status, how closely you are related, their age, and where the foreign relative is from.

Some times people have to wait for many years, before they get their visa. Some cases take over a decade or more, while others take less than a year. In other cases the waiting times are much shorter. We have provided information on this website regarding family based immigration to the U.S., so please explore the site to see if family based immigration is right for your situation.

If you are unsure about whether or not you are a U.S. citizen then what you don’t know could hurt you. Please review this section, and If you have any questions please contact us online for a free consultation or call 412-254-8700 in Pittsburgh or 215-982-2381 in Philadelphia to speak to one of our experienced immigration attorneys. We will be glad to discuss all possible options that may be available to bring your loved ones to the U.S.